Thursday, May 11, 2006

Leg 2

Hello Everyone!

Leg 2

Well it was rather difficult finding oil in Cookeville TN, but finally we did. It looked as though we were going to get yelled at by a lady whose oil we were gathering, but she was suprised when I showed her the car. I think she thought we were putting something in her oil bin. It was nice though because she told us we should use the Chinese oil next to hers becuase hers had animal fats in it. So we gathered about 25 gallons and went back to my dads house and filtered it most of the night.

So we loaded up and were on the road the next morning by 8:00am, but only 50 miles into the trip there was a loud roaring sound in which it sounded like a flat tire. We get out and look, no flat tire. It goes away and go up the road another 20 miles and it starts again. I think back to an old Saab I had that made this same sound and it was a dust pan on the brake rotar, no problem right? Well it was loud enough though that I decide to stop in Mt Juliet TN, about 15 miles before you get to Nashville. We waited for a couple of hours for a guy to drive it and he's convinced it is the luggage carrier on top. It was plauseable at the moment, but going up the road it gets worse. I think if it was a wheel bearing it would be doing it all the time, or even a axel, but the sound comes and goes.

We got to Arkansas and I filled up with oil, Ashley noticed on the biodiesel distributors info sheet I printed out there is a place that sells 100% bio close by. So we take the 45 minute detour and go fill up, $52 worth.

Back on the road, the noise doesn't happen for over 100 miles, but back occassionally, louder. We go through sleepy, awake stages all the way through Arkansas and finally get to OK City/Norman around 1:30am local time, and Bill and Kristina's house by 2:00am.

Kris didn't get home until early in the morning and slept in. Bill had a final today at 1:30 pm so Bill, Ash, and I went to Turquiose, a trendy little place to eat close by, very good food. We went back and I called around to mechanics to see if they can look at my car, finally one at 3:00pm, soon actually. We went probably 10 places lookign for oil and finally an awesome little chinese restaurant here in Norman. The people were very interested in the car, and gave us their oil. We plan to go back for dinner.

When we got back I thought what the hell I'll look under the car and see if I can see anything, and there it was, a broken axel boot. That means it's the axel. We'll see how much that costs. That guy in Mt Pleasant at East Cooper Mercedes said they looked fine before we left. Oh well, if you want something done right do it yourself.

I'll update as soon as I can, maybe tomorrow.

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home